Re: Triple ZS carbs

To: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Triple ZS carbs
From: Shawn Loseke <shawn@swo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:32:04 -0800
I can already tell you how it goes Ryan. The engine your building is
practically the same as the one in my car. It is quite a noticeable
difference. I still haven't been able to get the car to a chassis dyno
yet for final tuning and checking rear wheel horsepower so I can only
speculate that 180-190 horsepower is being developed at the flywheel.
Which is pure speculation and not an actual claim. A warning though, it
seems that this level of tune is questionable for the street. I can run
premium pump gas with no problems but I also live at 5000 feet altitude
which actually lowers my actual compression ratio by nearly a full
point. Another reason that turbos of any kind sell well in Colorado.
Subsequently, I have been heavily warned that if I want to take my car
on a trip to lower elevations that I better get used to buying octane
boost.

 You can check out pics of my engine and car on my photo index site.

http://www.loseke.net/shawn

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO