Triple ZS carbs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Triple ZS carbs
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:48:34 -0800 (PST)
List,

      I dont remember who made the comment, but someone pointed out that PI
cars had lower gears which gave them better acceleration; I think they actually
had the 3.4:1 ratio, which would have been bad for acceleration. Any way, I
think another benefit to the triple ZS carburetors is the manifold itself. Each
carb has a straight smooth shot into the head, and they look like they flow
MUCH better than the stock manifold. I think a lot of guys give the stock
carburetors a hard time, when they are tuned properly (which I have never found
that hard) they will really get up and run. Im sure expertly tuned Webers
would give even best ZS powered car a real run for its money, but if your not
racing, do you really want to be tuning the car that much? I should have my new
engine running and driving this spring and I will let you guys know how it
turns out. The new engine has ~11:1 compression, roller rockers, valves shaped
as per the Castner book, a fully ported head, an aluminum flywheel, and I will
be running Goods triples.well see how it goes.

Just my 2 cents,

Ryan