Re: SU Carbs on TR 6

To: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com (michael lunsford)
Subject: Re: SU Carbs on TR 6
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:25:26 -0800 (PST)
Michael---The short side of this would be to tell you to simply lower
the jet on one or both carbs. (Adding in CHOKE to make the engine happy
suggests that the mix is too lean.) If lowering the jet(s) uncovers
other problems, tell me the type of SU's you are having an "idle" issue
with. H4's, H6's HD-8"s, etc. and what is the jet size. .090, .100 or
.125. Also the letter marking on the needle, visible when removing it
from the air valve.  I may then be able to get you in the ball park.

Dick