Re: Tires are too big!

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires are too big!
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:10:20 -0700
    i've got the same size tires on my 6 and have no clearance problems
with the stock steel wheels. i have BPNW springs all the way around
(approx. 3/4" shorter than stock but stiffer), shock conversion on rear with
gas shocks on all 4 corners.
    if you have original springs and/or shocks, they could definitely be the
culprit, allowing the suspension to bottom out. your new tires could also
be heavier than originals (even w/tubes) and put more force behind an
up and down movement.
    i can't be certain your suspension let this happen, but if you've got
original equipment, i'd be replacing it. hope this helps.
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6
Denver, Co