Re: Cam question at Triumph 2000 Web page

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Cam question at Triumph 2000 Web page
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:03:34 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Don Malling wrote:

> Interesting...
>
> Integral says TR5 is 269 duration is
> http://www.integralcams.com/tr-250_tr-6.htm
> Elgin says the TR5 is 269. Elgin is one that led me to believe the TR5
> cam was 269.

The TR5 used a cam number 307689 - this is unique to the TR5 only. That
duration seems to measure out to 280 degrees by my methods.

> Shane's page says the early TR6 is 280 (that would be TR5 No?) and later
> TR6 is 256.

Actually, the early TR6 (and TR250) used a really wimpy cam, I think
that's the one listed on the kvaleberg.com web site as the 2.5S. THe
timing is 10/50-50/10 or about 240 degrees of duration.

> Maybe Shane could tell us where he got his info on the early TR6/TR5
> cam?

That might help.

> I sent a note to Elgin the other day. Do they do regrinds from my core
> or from new blanks? Do you know the prices?

Elgin supposedly offers new blanks. If you don't have a core to send to
them, this would be a good thing.

> Don

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |