RE: New 6-Pack member coming your way

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: New 6-Pack member coming your way
From: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:11:52 -0500
Great Tip! Thanks!
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Navarrette, Vance [mailto:vance.navarrette@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 11:10 AM
To: 'James Henningsen'

        Jim:

        Somewhere on the ignition switch you will find a numeric code
stamped.
It probably will be on the back of the switch somewhere (have not looked
at the ignition switch all that carefully). It should be 3 or 4 digits, but
might be different for the ignition key (I know the door locks are 3
digits).
        Write down the code and take it to a locksmith. Tell them that it
is a Triumph ignition key, made by British Leyland. They should be
able to look up the code in their master code book. He may need to prefix
the numeric code with the letters "TF" to find the code.
        His book will contain the combination and he can punch out the keys
on the spot. Expect to pay about $20 for the first key, and $4 apiece
for each duplicate. The nice thing about this is that since the keys are
made directly from the code, as opposed to being a duplicate, it should
be an exact match of the original key.

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom