Re: Swar Bar Rubbers

To: theedge@cts.com (Alan & Debbie Lindner)
Subject: Re: Swar Bar Rubbers
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:55:08 -0800 (PST)
Alan---It would be easier to take off the U-bolt nuts with the radiator
out of the way, but unless you think it's time to also  do some bck
flushing, painting, etc., I'd just struggle with the limited access to
these nuts from below. (I recall using a long, open end tappet wrench to
get to a couple of these.) When replacing, I spun on some regular nuts,
and backed them up with nylocs near the end of the threads. Less monkey
shine, and don't believe they'll come loose.

If you can't persuade these new bushings to go over the ends of the
anti-roll bar, consider sawing one side on the diagonal, and slipping
them over the round part of the bar. Do the cuts where they're not
likely to open, when encased by the clamp securing brackets.

Dick