RE: Dash lights color?

To: "'R. Ashford Little II'" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Dash lights color?
From: "Bernard Robbins" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:07:49 +1300
Hi Folks,

The earlier TR6's with the older style instruments (aux gauges with needles
pointing down) had white backlights.

>From '73 on there was a face lift which included a more "modern" looking
instrument with green backlights. The auxillary gauges have the needles
pointing upwards. The main gauges have squarer looking needles.

This instrument style change was also carried across the Stag, Dolomite and
GT6 at the same time. The saloons changed their instruments a year or so
later (late 74 I think). I'm not sure about the spitfire but I would guess
it was be the same as the GT6.

Cheers
Bernard

'71 2500 PI (with white instruments)