Roller Rocker Performance Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Roller Rocker Performance Question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:38:57 -0800 (PST)
list I have the following to add to my previous post:  I am currently running a
set of roller rockers that have a 1.55/1 ratio, on an essentially stock engine
with a compression ratio of 9.9 to 1.  I have not noticed any improvement in
performance with this setup.  I realize the only potential improvement would be
from the change of ratio from the stock 1.46 to 1.55 and the roller versus non
roller friction reduction.  I got a good deal on a used set of Goodparts roller
rockers and thought I would try them.  Before anyone says anything let me say
that I realize that I need a higher performance (non stock) cam to get the
roller rockers to perform well but I couldn't resist this experiment.  I was
told by one of our local experts to set the valve lash at .12 intake and .14
exhaust.  What is the concensus of the list concerning the proper valve lash
for this set up?

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6