Aluminum Sealing Blocks stripped?'s

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aluminum Sealing Blocks stripped?'s
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:18:42 -0500
 I have the threads on the aluminum sealing blocks (front and rear) striped
out where the oil pan bolts to them. Is the material to thin to use heli coil
inserts. The threads are 5/16-24 and I will have to drill them out to 7/16" to
accept the insert. What I'm concerned about is if I drill this size hole the
metal will become to thin. How have others on the list fixed this problem, as
I'm sure I'm not the only one to run across this problem. Could I use that
epoxy material that you can mix then tap it? I'm not sure of what the exact
product is called (liquid metal?)?

Thanks in advance for your reply!!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com