Clutch Master Cylinder Play

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Master Cylinder Play
From: "." <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:11:38 -0700
I'm replacing the tranny in my car today (clutch job) and I noticed that the
pushrod on the clutch master cylinder has about
1/4" of travel before I feel any resistance. This equals what seems to be
about one inch of free travel in the pedal before I feel
any resistance.I checked the travel of the slave cyl. pushrod and it seems
to be about 5/8". I don't see any looseness in the clevis pin area(new pin)
, I can definitely see the pushrod travel into the master cyl. about 1/4 to
5/16" before resistance is felt. Is this normal ? Can I get rid of it
somehow? It kind of irritates me. Oh yes , I bled the system too.

Thanks
Nick