Re: Carb Cleaner

To: "michael lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaner
From: "Nelson Riedel" <Nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:27:17 -0400
> Does anyone have a preferred cleaning agent for carbs.  The carb cleaner I
purchased at NAPA doesn't do the job and they still look like they need
further cleaning on the outside.  I still have some light corrosion and
discoloration that even subsequent scrubbing with Lacquer cleaner hasn't
completely cured the problem.

> Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6

Mike,

Powder coating  does a great job.  It is a bit of effort (I'm unemployed and
plan to stay that way so time is not a problem). It will give you the best
looking crabs in town --- see

 http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/PCCarbs/PCCarbs.htm

You can also just do the bead blasting and get a clean finish as shown in
some of the photos on the link.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)