RE: Old wives tale?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Old wives tale?
From: "Bernard Robbins" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:29:53 +1200
Hi Dick et all,

I have had two incidents where the wheel could have come off. It was just
good luck it didn't as I was driving about 50kph each time. In both cases
the outer axle shaft had cracked just behind the large outer castle nut. As
I say, it was just good luck the wheel did not elope - although both times I
lifted the car onto the jack the wheel simply fell off.

I've heard rumors of the six studs letting go, but never seen an actual
event myself.

Dick, if you are interested I have some photos of the broken bits which I
could scan tonight after work and email through to you if you like (let me
know).

Take it easy!
Bernard
'71 2500PI (la Tart)