RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6

To: "Ryan Kroelinger" <Rkroel@cox.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@aitinc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:13:00 -0500
There is a car in town that has a six cylinder Datsun 240/260/280z
engine/transmission.  I have driven the car and it runs well.  Also, the 5
speed is nice at highway speeds.  This car was for sale at some point.  If you
want me to check into it I will see what I can find out.

You may want to consider upgrading the original engine (electronic ignition,
spin on oil filter, etc.) instead of doing a complete swap.  It's a lot less
work and won't devalue the car.  My TR6 is a daily driver and it gives me very
little trouble.  If you really want to go modern there are some folks out there
that offer electronic injection kits for the TR6 six cylinder.

Terry
'74 TR6