Re: Red Sidewall Tires for Tr6

To: jimmble@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Red Sidewall Tires for Tr6
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:20:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/9/02 10:57:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimmble@adelphia.net writes:

> My tire guy has told me not to buy Coker's because they won't balance
> for beans. Something about old machines and processes.

Well I suppose he could have said not to buy Cokers because Corky Coker
is an arrogant jerk who buys up old tire molds, then triples the tire price
once he has a monopoly, but i guess your tire guy was trying to be nice.
(note - i don't know Corky Coker and i've never bought their tires, but i have
heard people in the tire business say things like that about coker and their
tires)

Anyway, there are places where you can get those Coker tires
shaved to true round so you can almost balance them. One is
Hendrix Wire Wheel    (www.hendrixwirewheel.com)
or you could just buy Dunlop SP40s (205/70 x 15) with a 3/8 in redline
from Hendrix wire wheel for $149.95

I have NFI in Hendrix Wire Wheel, but Allen Hendrix is a really nice guy -
a little crazy, perhaps, but really a good guy.

Cheers
Jack Mc