RE: Way too much flow thru front carb

To: hfader@usa.net
Subject: RE: Way too much flow thru front carb
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 22:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hugh---I used a short cut in my description. The needle fits into a
sleeve, held in place from turning by a spring loaded set screw. The top
of the sleeve is threaded to move up and down with the adjustment screw,
and the needle moves with it. It is the sleeve that I suggest that you
start off flush with the bottom of the air piston on both carbs, and
proceed from there. The linkage that connects the two carbs should be
disconnected to set the idle mixture. When you're happy with the idle
smoothness, connect the linkage, operate the throttle by hand, and be
sure both air pistons rise equally as you increase speed. You can see
this rising with the air filter housing removed.

Dick