Re: transmission problems

To: tr6me@cs.com
Subject: Re: transmission problems
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 17:45:48 -0400
Mark,
I recently had the fork pin shear & lost clutch action. After pulling
the trany, I replaced the clutch plate, drilled a second hole through
the boss on the fork and ran a  1/4" bolt through & replaced the o rings
on the selector shafts. I also installed a small bushing on the deep end
of the new hardened fork pin to make sure the pressure is distributed
evenly through the shaft.
Well I seem to have the same problem you have. When the car is cold
reverse is perfect. After the car is driven for a short time I have
trouble with 1st & reverse. Never had this problem before. It appears
that when the problem occurs the clutch is not completely disengaged & I
can feel the trany spinning in reverse. I hate to say it but I think the
new fork pin has sheared and the remaining pin is supporting the fork.
Why do I love the torture?
--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6