miata racing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: miata racing
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:20:21 -0800 (PST)
List,

   I got one of thoes G-tech performance meter things (way cool by the way), we
tested some modern factory cars so that we could see if it was accurate and it
seems to be very accurate! We then tested my TR6 this spring, It leapt to a
surprising 0-60 time of 7.4 seconds! My car does have 9.5:1 compression and a
goodparts GP3 cam and roller rockers, but I didn't port match, and it still has
2 stock ZS carbs on it, so you should actually be a little quicker than me. I
think that 2 seconds on 0-60 and or quarter mile will be enough to make the
miata guy wish he didn't race. one thing to remember is that launching the car
is crucial to a good time, and that can be hard the car. I didn't launch it
that hard when I did my G-tech runs, so there is probably some more time that
could be shaved off.