Re: cl. car ins/ 2 cents

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cl. car ins/ 2 cents
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:31:11 -0600
We used to use American Collectors....no real problems..even had a claim and
they paid everything they should have paid for.

About every 3 years we review other companies' coverages with our current
and if it makes sense and cents to move, we do. We are now covered by
Hagerty.

We used to insure the old boys with our house insurer, but they told us they
didn't feel comfortable with the 'stable' we have, so it was really their
decision.

Hagerty covers my 1962 MGA, 67 TR4a, 69 XK-e, 73 TR6, 81 corvette and
husband's 67 Corvette for about $1000 a year with Illinois required coverage
for under/un insured motorist and $500,000 medical payments (it's the same
coverage that we have on our daily drivers). The insurance premium gets
cheaper when the car turns 25.

You need to be sure that the vehicle is covered for what YOU KNOW it's
worth, not some low-ball depreciated value that the typical insurance
company will offer.  There are some listers who have successfully covered
their collector British cars with a non-collector car, car insurer, I'm sure
they will be able to report on their experiences.

Valerie Stabenow