Re: Pertronix Ignition

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignition
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:45:47 EST
I purchased a Pertronix unit for my '74 TR6 and in reading the instructions
last night it says not to wire around a ballast resistor if one is used on your
car.  Since I have a Lucas Sport Coil I have followed Dan Masters' suggestions
in his electrical manual on the very easy way in a '74 TR6 to wire around the
resistor and get the full effect of the sport coil's voltage.

Anyone have any experience with leaving out the resistor and wiring the
Pertronix unit to the coil with red to + and black to - as the instructions
indicate?  Thanks for your help.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN