Re: TRF

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: Re: TRF
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:32:05 -0500
> 2. If you are like me, you didn't get the publication dated 22-Jan
> -2002 until this weekend past - close to two weeks after the start
> date of the sale. This has the effect of giving others that live closer
> to TRF (in the US postal sense) an advantage. THis is especially
> true on certain items that have a low unit count on the shelf.

Well not entirely correct.  TRF didn't get the catalogues into the mail
until February 1st to begin with, a week late.  And living 5 hours from TRF,
I only recieved my catalogue this Saturday as well.

Often times, I wonder if why TRF isn't willing to purchase from another
supplier to get an item in to fill an order.  Would ordering from Moss on
small part really hurt them that much?  Moss has reasonable wholesale
prices, and TRF certainly has the buying power to still make a profit when
buying at Moss wholesale prices.  I would find it my best interest, if I
were TRF, to purchase a small number of parts from Moss to fulfill current
backorders... Of course there are benefits for TRF also, a decrease in their
open orders, increased cashflow (since they can finally charge you for that
part), get rid of some paperwork, keep a customer happy.

I personally don't ever accept a back order, I know that if I make enough
phone calls I can find the part in a few days... often times cheaper in the
UK, but with the international shipping the price evens out.

Cheers,

Kai