RE: Overdrive question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overdrive question
From: "Philip Buck" <philip@britishcarguy.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:57:26 -0800
Hi Bob,

I have been told by my Stag guru that the belhousing is different enough
that it won't fit. I had been searching for a overdrive for my Stag and was
trying to make a TR6 tranny fit since they are easier to find.

Actually I just spent the weekend pulling an A type overdrive out of a Stag
that I bought for parts. Out in the shed is an A type freshly rebuilt for my
TR6 restoration. Perhaps it would be a good time to put them side by side
for a comparison.

If you want to sell that A type to a Stag owner I would be glad to pass the
info along to the Stag email list.

Philip
'72 TR6 (under restoration)
'73 Stag (waiting for O/D)