Re: Removal of radiator and heater hoses

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removal of radiator and heater hoses
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:36:56 -0500
If you are going to toss the hoses anyway, just cut them off...not around
the diameter, but from the end.  This is a good tip for other types of cars
that use plastic instead of metal radiators etc.  For installation, soap
works very well as a lubricant..you only need a little bit in the
hose.  Car Wash type soap works best as it does not have salt in it (unlike
dishwashing liquid soap...which I'm hesitant to use because of that fact,
but many people do).

Although I've never tried "personal lubricant"...I'm not that close to my
car, although I may have read about it in Playboy (just kidding,
Bob:)...water itself may be enough to lubricate the hose ends.

Bob is right on target about not using a petroleum-based product on rubber
items..they will eat into the rubber.  There are specific rubber-compatible
greases out there for such tasks (suspension, brake seals etc).