Is it time for a FAQ? and some comments

To: "Six pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is it time for a FAQ? and some comments
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:08:50 -0500
It seems that a number of recurring questions are coming up, such as
tire sizes, valve adjustment and tune up, clutch questions, etc.

Most of this information is available on different web sites, some is
not. Some info would be better displayed in chart form rather than as a
series of comments.

How about assembling a FAQ with links to the appropriate web sites? It
will save time by not making folks weed thru the archives.

I would be willing to assist if I can.

I would also like to see a 'bitch and praise section' where installers
evaluations of parts from different suppliers can be posted, and we can
all be alerted of defective merchandise, (dash knobs that don't work,
hood release cables that are inferior design) or fitment problems before
we lay out our hard-earned cash. Likewise if a product is praiseworthy
(Panasport wheels, or the Moss sport exhaust for instance) for quality
and function that could be passed along as well.

I want to add that this list is maturing into a great resource for the
average/ new TR6 owner, and that the advice is normally being given by
people who have 'been there, done that'. It's like being able to call up
the British repair shop down the street any time of day or night.

You should all be proud of yourselves, and many thanks are due to the
Six pack for enabling this forum. It's the people that make this such a
great hobby!

Lastly, I would like you to join me in wishing Bob Palmer of the North
Coast Triumph Association a speedy recovery from his recent surgery.

Good luck to all,

Jim