Stock Tire Diameter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stock Tire Diameter
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:24:58 -0500
Al:

Using the Tire Rack Formula (section width in mm/ 25.4= section width in
inches x aspect ratio as a decimal= 1 sidewall height x 2 + diameter of
wheel= rolling diameter in inches

Stock Tire (I've heard different numbers on aspect ratio..including 83)
185/83-15 = 27.08
185/79-15= 26.50
Replacement Tire
205/70-15= 26.29
205/65-15= 25.49

The Tire Rack Old Car Tire Conversion Chart shows Eurometric 185-15 tires
as an aspect ratio of 82- go to this link to see all tires that are a
direct sub for the stock TR6 tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/size_conversion.htm

Generally, the shorter the side wall, the better the handling as the tire
does not "roll over" as much with a shorter sidewall..however, you also
have to account for section width vs. rim width (ie not having to wide a
tire on too narrow a rim).