Re: Vibration @ High RPMs

To: Gameparker@cs.com
Subject: Re: Vibration @ High RPMs
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:12:32 +0000
Geoff:

I have a '69 TR6 that I've owned for about two years.  For quite some time a
wrassled with different vibrations and wobbles at highway speeds.  The main
offenders that I discovered were; a bent front wheel that would not balance,
a bad u-joint at the front of the main driveshaft, and a worn transmission
mount.  All the vibrations were basically transmitted through the front end
it felt like everthing up front was loose.  After fixing those three items
(I bought a complete set of 8 spoke alloy wheels and new tires!) we motor
down the road straight and wobble free.

I'd check your wheel balance and u-joints first.  I hope this helps and I'm
sure that others will reply with good suggestions.

Good luck.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA