Re: Engine Compression in a TR6

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Compression in a TR6
From: Jim Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:18:48 -0400
My 75 TR6 (stock engine - never rebult) has 125 compression on 1-5
cylinders, but has 95 on #6.  The car seems to run well, at least I
think so.  Is the likely culprit sticky or worn valves and it just needs
a valve job?

Also, I am prepping my 6 for a new Mimosa Yellow paint job and wondered
how folks restore the upper body ID badge on the firewall.  I am told
the lower ID badge is painted the car color and the upper is kept
unpainted.  Mine had been repainted and I have stripped the paint but it
is not perfect.  Has anyone paintyed the upper ID silver?
Thanks
--
Jim Henningsen
75 TR6 CF35914U