Fw: Rear axel driveshaft

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Rear axel driveshaft
From: "Fam Alferink" <p.alferink3@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:13:03 +0200
Listers,
Tonight I found, after some hard rallying last weekend, that there was a click
when pushing the car back and forward in the garage.
It turns out it is not those dreaded diff-mounts but that there is quite some
play in the splines of the driverside rear half shaft.
If I grab the plastic protector casing that is mounted on the inner side (in
which the splined outer part slides) I can rotate the shaft by 1 mm (1/25 of
an inch) or so while keeping the driverside wheel on the ground. What I gues
is worse, I can also move it up and down a little bit (meaning that the inner
and outer part can tilt a little with respect to each other).
Anyone with a similar experience?
How bad is it (will the splines last another 50.000 miles)?

Pimento 73