Rhode Island Triumph Frame Shop

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rhode Island Triumph Frame Shop
From: "Jerry Shaw" <jcs104@home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:38:57 -0400
For those in the northeast, Auto Rust Technicians http://www.autorust.com/
in Cranston, RI will sell you a TR6 trailing arm mount kit, that you can
take to your favorite neighborhood frame shop and have them weld it in w/o
removing the tub from the frame. Other repairs can be  made by cutting holes
in the floorpan above rotten frame members. According to their instructions,
you can adjust the door gaps by lifting the car by the rear tube cross
member, then cut out the frame sections. Before refitting, check door gaps
and squareness/alignment, then weld in the new pieces one side at a time.
All of this, of course, with careful marking of frame member positions on
the underside of the tub, and good frame measurments.

Having not done this I'm certain that its a lot more difficult than it
sounds.

I think the trailing arm kit is about $170 and they'll do it if you live
close by for $500-600 (don't quote me) I don't know how it differs from
buying replacement  frame members from other sources, such as TRF and having
a local shop weld them in.

Jerry Shaw
'75, '74 6's
'66 Spit