Re: tires?? but what about rims??

To: <LaJoMor@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tires?? but what about rims??
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:55:39 -0500
Larry M. wrote:

> OR, you could get the ORIGINAL Mililites for about
> the same price...click on this link....

http://www.minilitewheels.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?page=alloywheels.htm&car
t_id=

[http://www.minilitewheels.com/ will get you to the home page]

These may be excellent wheels, and I have no axe to grind against the UK
maker of these wheels or Vintage Racing Services (Main Street Motorsport,
LLC.), but you should know that these are not "original Minilites" and
they're not magnesium wheels - although one could certainly get that
impression from the website information.

Back in 1998 I asked for further information about these "Minilite" wheels
and Steve Francis of Main Street Motorsport wrote that, "The Minilite
"Alloy" has the look of the Minilite "Magnesium" wheel but made from
aluminum." At that time, a wheel to fit the TR6 was still under development.

Aluminum may be a better choice for the street than magnesium anyway, but I
wish that aftermarket wheel manufacturers would specify the actual materials
used and the weight of the wheels.

Jim Hill
Madison WI