5-speed Toyota Transmission conversion

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5-speed Toyota Transmission conversion
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:37:01 -0700
Dear Listers,

I recently notified the list that a friend, Herman Vandenakker, is developing
a conversion kit for TR6. I spoke to him yesterday, and he has my car
completed. He drove the car over 100 miles, and reports that the transmission
works beautifully. It has a hydraulic throw out bearing which eliminates much
of the trouble-prone mechanical linkage used on stock TRs. Never again will I
have a broken clutch fork pin! The 5-speed transmission is undetectable in the
car (from stock). At 70 mph, he said the engine was turning about 2800 rpm
(don't hold me to these figures).

Herman will be contacting me later this week with more information about
availability, pricing, etc. Be patient. I will keep you all advised. BTW, he
will be demonstrating the conversion at Triumphest 2001 in Ventura, CA in
October.

Regards/John Truttman, 1974 TR6, with original Mimosa paint and a 5-speed!!!