Ramblings and HELP Needed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Ramblings and HELP Needed
From: <john.brubaker@us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:29:28 -0400
Good morning.  I sent the following email under a misleading subject and
thought I would send it again since I had not received a single reply.
Thanks to all,

John

Date:     09/17/2001 04:39:41 PM
Subject: (Document link: Brubaker's Mail)     Re: ZS vs. weber carbs

Greetings everyone,

It has been a tragic week for America but the weekend in Virginia was very
good for this Triumph enthusiast.  I just completed the first phase of
repairs on my TR250 over the last two weeks which included the following:
     - replacement of all bushings, bump stops, bolts, nuts related to
suspension and mounting of rear differential
     - clean and repaint all applicable parts of the rear suspension
     - replaced all interior door handles and knobs
     - replaced window seal and seal between window frame and body
     - repaired muffler hangars
     - replaced pinion seal to the rear differential (I expected this to be
fairly easy but was actually the most difficult part of the job)

Keep in mind that I first had to remove approximately thirty years of dirt,
oil and grime from every single part noted above.

     - completed some stop gap rust repair (sand and primer) around the
rear end of the car and the window frame
     - replaced rear bonnet hinges that were broken, drivers side mirror,
visors
     - removed the entire convertible top assembly to repair, sand down and
repaint (to be completed shortly)
     - installed seat belts

There is still plenty to do and I have the following projects that I would
like to complete in the following weeks but need some assistance:

1)  I purchased the CRANE XR700 electronic ignition but found the
instructions to be somewhat confusing.  Does anyone have any more detailed
instructions for this conversion?
2)  I feel that I need to replace the entire window frame due to the
advanced stage of rust.  Can you purchase these new or will I need to find
one used.  If so, anyone out there have any extra parts?
3)  I have a brand new Robbins top that I have purchased (including all the
other extraneous parts to complete the installation) but no instructions on
how to install a new convertible top.  Please, will everyone/anyone send me
your advice/stories/instructions regarding the installation of this new
beauty.

This was my first experience on the Triumph and I found it extremely
pleasant to work on this car.  Plenty of room to get to all of the parts
and no hex/allen wrenches.  What a joy.

Thanks to all and my condolences to everyone effected by the recent
tragedy,

John
68 TR250

computer.