Response Digest - Steve, Walt, Frank

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Response Digest - Steve, Walt, Frank
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:02:58 -0500
Steve,

I would not hesitate to order brake caliper rebuild kits and new pistons.  I
just redid the ones on my 74 and it was a piece of cake and a lot cheaper
than buying them rebuilt.  Moss was out of the pistons so mine came from
Victoria British.  TRF may have them as well.

Walt,

The connection for your accessory jack should be fused.  If you want it to
be hot when the ignition is on, connect at the fuse block opposite the white
wire.  If both terminals opposite the white wire are in service, use a
jumper to feed another fuse from the post where the white wire is connected.
Connect your accessory feed on the opposite side of the fuse block and
install a fuse and you are in business.

If you want the accessory on all the time, connect it opposite the brown
wire with the purples.  If you are not confused yet send me an E-mail and I
will work on it.

Frank,

Check the temp gauge from the sending unit back.  Connect a voltage tester,
I use a simple light with an alligator clip and a probe, to the engine and
the wire that connects to the sending unit.  If you have power the problem
is most likely the sending unit.  If no power trace the circuit back until
you find power.  Check each connection.  This way you can determine if you
have a component problem or a wire problem.  Works for me.  And it is
simple.  Unless the dash gets in the way.

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   74 TR6 CF 15694
89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/