Re: A good SS header and exhaust

To: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: A good SS header and exhaust
From: Jim Davis <jdavis@ldl.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:55:10 -0400
My God! I may have actually made a wise purchase, or been very lucky.
Anyway, I bought a two-piece stainless header 6 years ago for $375 ( I
think) that fit perfectly and looks great, especially since I had it ceramic
coated by Performance Coatings in Jonesboro, GA. for $150. It required
absolutely no fitting whatsoever. It has a heavy flange that was and is
straight with no welding slag or other imperfections. No clearance problems
with the intake manifold, starter or frame. I have it mated to the Falcon
Sport Exhaust ( If I had it to do over again, I'd have gone with a single 2"
pipe).  The company I purchased it from no longer carries the header, but
when I bought it they told me it was from the same source that TRF purchased
theirs from and offered at around $600. Maybe TRF can enlighten those who
may want to invest in a quality stainless header.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U