Squealing front brakes

To: "6pack@Autox. Team. Net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Squealing front brakes
From: "Neil Beesley" <neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:42:07 +0100
Hi Listers,

I've recently fitted uprated front brake pads (EBC green stuff, new brake
discs) and although they're excellent at stopping the car, they just will
not stop squealing when warm - and it's an eardrum piercing shriek that's
unbearable with the top
down..

It's still got the original anti-squeal shims in, and if I put any more
copper grease on the backs of the pads and shims
it's going to get places it shouldn't... has anyone ever had this problem or
got any ideas how to stop it ?

Thanks in advance,

Neil
'70 TR6