Re: Carbs

To: BriickBea@worldnet.att.net (Fred Wickline)
Subject: Re: Carbs
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:19:05 -0700 (PDT)
Wick---As to whether or not you have to hook up all of the original
vacuum hoses and lines would depend on who tests your car. If you must
go to a State operated testing center, these people might have access to
the routing of the '74 TR emission control features. (Check the TRF Blue
Catalogue for the '74 emission equipment) It would pay to know in
advance just how thorough the test will be. If you only have to get a
certification slip from the local gas station equipped with a
gas-analyzing tail pipe sniffer, you could conceivably "pass" emissions
just by having the ZS carbs properly tuned. None of these vacuum lines
meant anything when testing my '73 here in California. My CO and HC
readings were only half, or less, of the maximum allowed, when the
air/fuel ratio was set at optimum. (Sort of lean) There was no test for
NOx.

If you have any kind of a performance cam installed in your motor, good
luck!

Dick Taylor
L.A.