Heater Water Valve- Bolt Thread

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Water Valve- Bolt Thread
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:10:34 -0400
Hi Listers:

I've been busy and off list for a while...I was thinking of beefing up my
emergency road side kit with a bolt to replace the Heater Control Valve (in
case the heater matrix, hoses or valves decide to give problems on a long
run and it's easier just to blank off the whole system with an inexpensive
bolt).  The thread appears to be 3/8" BSP (British Standard Pipe) in the
workshop manual, which I'm assuming is different than our standard tapered
pipe threads..any ideas where to get such a thing locally?  Or, is it
easier to just get another water control valve?

PS I noticed a thread a few days ago about starting your kids early in the
hobby..at 6 weeks old, my daughter went for her first ride in the TR6..now,
at 17 months, she likes to stand on my lap, hold the wheel and honk the
horn as we "drive" in and out our very short driveway.

William Whitmoyer
69 TR6
91 CRX Si
90 BMW iX