Toyota Trans Conversion

To: "Jim Gerakaris" <Jimgerak@Pacbell.com>, "Rich Gibbon"
Subject: Toyota Trans Conversion
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:11:30 -0700
Dear Mr.Taylor, and other interested listers:

I read with much interest the thread on converting the TR6 to a Toyota 5-speed
transmission. My car is currently undergoing such a conversion. My good friend
and fellow Triumph enthusiast, Mr. Herman Vandenakker of Simi Valley, CA, is
using my car as a prototype for the development of his own conversion kit. He
will be demonstrating the installation at Triumphfest in Ventura, CA in
October.

Herman is a retired machinist, and well qualified to take on such a project.
In additon, he is a perfectionist who only settles for the best. Many of you
know him, or have met him at VTR, TRF Summer Parties, Triumphfest, and many
other events. He plans to market these kits worldwide, and will price them
much lower than the current competition. I can't say for sure, but I think the
kit price could come in well under $1,000, not including the transmission. He
found the transmission for my car for $300, and it perportedly had 30,000
miles on it.

Anyone interested in this should contact Herman. He will go forward with his
plans to market this kit, and price it aggressively, ONLY if he gets a high
level of interest from Triumphfest, and from other sources. His phone number
is 805-526-9526. He doesn't use a computer - he's too busy working on
Triumphs. But if you chose, you can contact me, and I'll relay the message. My
email address is jtruttman@att.net.