Carb rebulid question

To: 6PACK-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb rebulid question
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 05:12:42
Hello List:

Thanks to Bob Green for bringing up carb rebuild procedures.  I wish I could
attend your club's tech session!

I have rebuild kits on-hand, purchased from British Parts Northwest.  I
started to dismantle the front carb tonight but found that the bottom, brass
float chamber plug pretty secure in it's position.  Both the Bentley and
Haynes manuals indicate to "pry" the plug out.  There is a large slot on the
plug, suggesting that a large screwdriver might be needed for twisting.
What is the correct way to remove the plug?

If I chant and practice deep breathing I can get through this!