Re: Suspension rebuils with urathane

To: forzion@maine.rr.com (David Friedlander)
Subject: Re: Suspension rebuils with urathane
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:05:04 -0800 (PST)
David---The difference between urethane and nylatron is so slight so far
as hardness goes that I would question anyone who can tell the
difference once installed in a TR6. The guy who said they were for
"autocrossing only" may have confused these with bronze bushings, which
do groan.  What we're talking about here is how much either one will
compress when under load, which is not very much. If you want a more
responsive feel to your steering and overall handling, this is but one
of many items that will take you towards this goal.  If you have already
invested in Panasports and Konis, you're on your way. To compliment
these, you may later want to consider such items as:

An anti-roll bar set upgrade, front and rear.
Semi-competition springs (25% stronger
than stock)
Tires with a profile of 65 or less.
Running with a bit of negative camber, front and rear.   About one deg.
Urethane bushings in the rack&pinion.

It would seem that most any type of grease on the upgraded suspension
bushings will ward off the inherent squeaks. (if installed 'dry') As
mentioned
 on the list before, some suppliers will include a lube with these
bushings. If they don't, I can recommend wheel bearing grease, or
MolyKote. Don't overtorque the nuts that secure these parts.

You won't have to buy a kidney belt to drive your TR with any or all of
the above.
You won't confuse it with a Lexus either!

Dick T.