Re: Satin or Glossy

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff)
Subject: Re: Satin or Glossy
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:06:04 -0800 (PST)
Mitch---I did my veneer using HELMSMAN MINWAX, The first seven or eight
coats applied with a brush, (drying between coats) then the final two
coats using the same brand in aerosol, to cover the brush marks. This
was done in clear satin, but I had a choice of 'glossy'. I think if the
last applications were done with the gloss it would have determined the
final look. Based on this, if you were to recoat yours with a glossy
product, you may not have to strip the satin off, assuming a little
sanding was done first. If it proves to be too shiny in sunlight,
(remember that?) you can always redo it next winter!

Whatever you decide, check the recommended temps for application of the
product.

Did you run out of go-fast goodies to install? Maybe a pulley
underdrive?  8>}

Dick