Clutch accessories

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch accessories
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:51:24 -0800 (PST)
Listers---Clutches always seem to be a subject of much interest. I have
one that I don't recall seeing mentioned before, so let's see where it
goes..
The original throwout bearing sleeve came with an anti-rotational pin in
it. It's purpose was to do just that-to keep the sleeve from rotating on
the front plate during clutch engagement/disengagement. I've seen a few
TR6's without these pins installed. (This is the pin with a diameter of
.072, and about 5/8" long) I can see a benefit from removing them. I can
also see why Triumph installed these pins at the factory. I'd like to
know who's using them still, and who's not.  Additional comments?

Dick Taylor
'73