Re: books on performance modifications to my '72 TR6

To: ric812@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: books on performance modifications to my '72 TR6
From: ingate@horizon.com
Date: 14 Sep 2000 13:28:19 -0000
        > I am looking for books on performance modifications to my '72 TR6
        > Also if anyone could refer someplace that handles performance parts

Richard,

Try Kastener's "Competition Preparation Manual" from TRF or Moss.
It is a little dated now, and does not cover important stuff
like electronic ignition or LSDs, but has useful tips for a big-budget
motor.

Also see if you can find Fitzgerald's "Triumph TR6 Performance: Parts,
Sources and Procedures for the Enthusiast", IMHO, THE best guide and
better than Kastener for real-world driving and competition.

Parts sources abound.  TRF and Rimmer Bros for the obvious stuff,
and Goodparts (www.goodparts.com), Neil Revington (www.revingtontr.com),
Racetorations (www.racetorations.co.uk) and don't forget JK Jackson in
Talahassee.

OK, so its not an abundance of go-fast stuff like a Chebby, and motor
rebuilds requires a bit more skill than reversing your baseball cap,
but TRs can be made faily entertaining. :-)

Shane Ingate
Melbourne, FL
www.geocities.com/hottr6/triumph (home of hotrod TR6s)