RE: passenger side mirror visibility

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: passenger side mirror visibility
From: "Riddle, Mark" <riddlem@ciitech.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:56:02 -0400
Bob,
The geometry of the original bullet mirror and its mounting will only allow
use on the left side of the vehicle. ( the original is a Yankee Mirror Co.
casting)

It is possible to disassemble the head of the unit and you will find that by
enlarging the hole through which the bolt passes can be carefully modified
(slotted) to allow the moveable portion of the head to achieve a better site
angle for the drivers sight line. It can be done.

It's much easier to polish if it is apart also, that is how I found that I
could do the same thing when I bought a second mirror and discovered what
you are running into.

Mark Riddle
'72 TR-6