Re: To Tall to drive a TR6?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To Tall to drive a TR6?
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:05:52 -0400
I feel that I should jump in on this one.

I'm 6'6" and even though the car is still about 4-5 years before completion,
I sat in it before taking everything apart and the major problem was with
the right knee being squeezed between the steering wheel and the dash
support bracket.  I'm already thinking of a way to take the bracket out and
replacing it with something diffferent to support the dash.

The other thing is that there is not alot of space behind the seat to back
it up more, about 1"-2", but that little extra can make a big difference for
the height of the knees.

Also, my steering wheel is 15" (I have a '71) that I will replace with a
later version (14.5") or even with an aftermarket (smaller one) if I have
to.  Once again, every fraction of an inch counts!

If all this is not enough, I will take the driver seat completly out, pad
the rear deck (??? just beside the rear hump of the diff) and sit there.
One way or another, I will drive that car!!!    ;-)

Steph
'71 TR6 (Most of it currently on the shelves!!!)