Re: Changing gearbox oil.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Changing gearbox oil.
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:52:11 EDT
Steve-I don't know what kind of tool you ordered to remove the fill plug, but
it can be removed with the female end of a 1/2" drive extension&a crescent
wrench. It is a sloppy fit, but you are probably going to replace the pug
anyway  Of course that means cutting a hole in the tunnel.  I would still
replace the plug with a hex one. The plugs are 3/8"npt and are available from
most generic auto part stores. I think I would use the magnetic type for the
drain plug on the bottom, but I don't know if would catch much debri on the
top.  Berry