RE: TR6 Exhaust Leaks

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Exhaust Leaks
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:07:04 -0400
Tom,

I had the same problem and it's not completely gone away.  Best I could
do was to insure that the pipes were overlaping at these joints, the
most that they could, that is, one joint wasn't in very far while the
other was just barley touching.

Mine doesn't make any noise but I can see a little soot escaping.  You
might look for a muffler patch to wrap around the inner pipe or perhaps
a sealing compound.  I haven't tried either.

Good Luck,

Gary
Digest  '75 TR6
Severn, MD

I'm a newcomer to the list--been lurking for the past few months since
acquiring my 72 TR6.

I installed a new stainless steel exhaust system (dual pipes from
exhaust
manifold to muffler) purchased from Moss Motors as one of my first
projects.
Everything went together fine eventually, but now I have two small but
audible exhaust leaks--one where the front pipe attaches to the front
intermediate pipes and one where the front intermediate pipes attach to
the
rear intermediate pipe. I have tried rotating the clamps at various
angles
to the splits in the pipes and also (over)tightening the clamp
bolts--nothing seems to help. The connection at the muffler is
leak-free.

Are there any tips to getting a good seal? How about different clamps?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom Sanko
72 TR6 CC80151U