2000-register

Re: Hello, anyone there Willie

To: tr2000 <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hello, anyone there Willie
From: Graham J Nelson <gravee.leafoe@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 00:16:07 +0000
Yes there is, me. After helping fix Mike Allam's alternaters way back
last century I had to go to work and that for me was a four month stint
so I signed off the group at the time. Since rejoining in June 2000 I
too thought I had joined a funeral party. Very little traffic, 29 msgs
only from 12 senders since June, most of them from regular contributors.
As I was unable to offer help on subjects asked about decided to decline
response to remove clutter. Today 5 msgs in one lump.

Mike can testify to the usefulness of the group as he should by now have
a garage full of reconditioned alternaters (Before you pester him for
one I still have the info needed to fix 'em). I received a lot of help
regarding seat belts and other things so the group does have a value for
specific items, problems and questions which query individual
experiences. All the Technical Specifications, Maintenance Manuals and
Magazines are no substitute for the lessons gained from the lost hair,
broken fingernails and mucky hands. That said, when the car is running
well, is there any harm done by a bit of chatter about what we do with
our cars. This has been missing in recent months and like yourselves I
don't know why. I, personally, found most of it interesting - sometimes
amusing but most of all it stimulated people and out of it came "Oh, by
the way, I have this little problem..." and we all learned something,
not a bad thing.
Finally my car attended 2500 Register Cheshire Group shows last summer
but is currently off road for the winter, the Primera is soaking up the
salt on its behalf. This year my daughter as a thankyou for restoring it
in time for her wedding in '99 has paid for its entry into the MSA
classic. Not received confirmation yet on that. On the work side of the
car not much. I have fitted a Bosch 56amp alternater and am much
impressed with the difference. Awaiting traffic lights my indicators now
sound real instead of the very slow tick that the 28 amp unit was
capable of. Lights are brighter too so at least boy racing up can see
them a little earlier.

Yes, there are alive members out there.

rgds
Graham