2000-register

Re: breakdowns

To: "Sharon Patterson" <sapat@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: breakdowns
From: "Brian A.Tink" <batink@pcug.org.au>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:41:11
Sharon

Have faith is the 2500S.  A beautiful machine.

I have had mine since new in december '78.  It has covered 355,000 kilometres,
had the head off for the first time in May of last year, gives me better that
30 MPG on the highway and still pump 60psi of oil at 2500 revs.

Today the weather here is warming up, 30+ degrees C and yesterday I travelled
300 K's in 3 hours from Canberra to sydney, similar return trip today (Sydney
to Canberra) and never a beat did she miss.

All I travel with is a screw driver and a set of points.  Go for it

Again have faith.

regards  brian

.  Still At 06:56 PM 2/02/00 GMT, you wrote:
>Maybe I should explain myself a bit - I have total faith in my 2500S, which
>is why I insisted on taking her to Disneyland Paris despite many members of
>our family thinking we were stark raving mad. We have been offered a nearly
>new Nissan Serena to take to which I've said - if we're going to France so
>is the Triumph!  And it's recently occurred to me that if anything goes
>wrong with her I will have to eat the biggest and bitterest humble pie
>ever!!  As I speak no French and the AA only cover for 72 hours I began to
>panic. And I then thought if anything went wrong we could go to the local
>car shop waving around the offending item saying 'it's broke' in French!
>Possibly not the best system but....I do use the 'S' every day and she
>covers around 13,000 miles a year so I am confident that she will get there
>and back in one piece but does any know of a breakdown cover that covers
>abroad for older cars?

Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
Australia
P.O. Box 470  Curtin  A.C.T. 2605
batink@pcug.org.au
Phone: (02) 62815275 (h)  Mobile 0408 68 5040
Fax:   (02) 62812331  Need prior warning to set up computer
FGBMFI   "His Banner over us is Love"

                                 /\
                               \___/
                                __