[WPTA] A Tour Saturday may 25 2024

Pat Ledford dpledford at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:31:00 MDT 2024

If you are looking for something to do over the Memorial Day weekend, I
have written a tour going from New Castle, PA to Pymatuning State Park and
back to Grove City PA.  I had placed some articles in the club’s
newsletters and this is a reminder that the tour is this Saturday. We will
start at the Old Sears parking lot on Dworman Way, in Union Twp, New Castle
PA.  If you need to use a GPS to locate the starting point use Sheetz 2604
W. State St. New Castle PA 16101.  The Sears parking lot is Kaddy-corner to
the Sheetz and across from the Sheetz on Dworman Way is a Bob Evans if you
are interested in a breakfast to start the Tour.  The Group will gather at
10:15am on Saturday May 25, 2024 and star the tour at 10:30 am.

If you are a member of the NCTA or SOBErie, as I am, and you do not wish to
start in New Castle, you can meet us at the pit stop, The Pymatuning State
Park off of Rte. 322 out of Jamestown.  From there you can tour with us to
the Cobblehaus at the Falls Brewery at 1015 Leesburg Station Road Mercer PA
16137 near the Grove City Outlet Mall.  Or if you prefer not to drive that
far south, I have available a short tour to go to Mortals Key Brewery.
There was an early article that I posted to meet newsletter deadlines as I
was developing the Tour that mentioned a second pit stop in Conneaut PA, we
will not be going through Conneaut and there will be no pit stop there.

Cobblehaus at the Falls is a unique scenic brewery located on the Leesburg
Falls. You can see some beautiful photos at Cobblehaus.com/at-the-falls.
They offer craft beer, seltzers, and cocktails; however, their food is from
a food truck which changes daily and weekly.  You are more than welcome to
bring a picnic basket and sit down at the falls or inside and take in the
view through the many windows.  I would like a count of those who may join
us at Cobblehaus, send me a text or email if you plan on joining the group
at Cobblehaus at the Falls.  724-977-0938 or dpledford at gmail.com. If you
prefer a more traditional restaurant there are plenty in the area: Rachels
or the Iron Bridge on Rte. 19 N, Timbercreek,  Fat Edy’s or My Brothers

Place on Rte208 E, or if you enjoy outdoor craft brewery’s there is Big
Rail Brewing on Rte. 258 south of 208 who has a Bar-B-Que scheduled food
truck.

So far, the weather looks promising for a top-down day.  Let’s hope it
continues as this has been a rainy spring.

*Patrick Ledford*